If history is any indicator then an iPad 2 announcements and release should not be too far away. With most apple product refreshes in the past there has been product shortages, similar to what is being seen at present with the iPad, so most pendants are saying expect an announcement around March 2011.
So what new features & specs are rumoured to be found in the iPad 2? Most industry analysists are predicting the following features and specifications:
- Dual cameras forward & rear facing Camera/webcam (5-8 mega pixels)
- Increased Performance
- Improved Battery for extra performance but same battery life
- Light Peak (USB replacement)
- Micro SD Card Slot
- Thinner & Lighter
- Higher display resolution
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Multi carrier chipset supporting CDMA / GSM / UTMS / 4G LTE allowing compatibility with a large number of cell phone carriers
In our opinion the Light Peak feature is a bit of a long shot and if anything we won’t see it until the release of the iPad 3.
March is not far away so we can only wait and see I am hoping all of the above options are included.