Speculation of a 2 March 2011 launch for the iPad 2 can now be laid to rest with Apple sending out to media today with the above graphic, the iPad 2 launch/media event will be held on 2 March 2011 at 10 am PST at the Yerba Buena Center in San Fransisco.
In recent days there was another camp of speculation that the iPad 2 would be delayed by a few months but as we can see from the above inviation graphic this speculation was wrong.
Features that are expected to be included in the iPad 2 include:
- Dual cameras forward & rear facing Camera/webcam (5-8 mega pixels)
- Increased Performance
- Improved Battery for extra performance but same battery life
- Light Peak (USB replacement)
- Micro SD Card Slot
- Thinner & Lighter
- Higher display resolution
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Multi carrier chipset supporting CDMA / GSM / UTMS / 4G LTE allowing compatibility with a large number of cell phone carriers
Now that the iPad 2 launch date has been set, we all only need to wait a week to find out if the above specifications are correct.